Programs & Services

The Amelia DiGirolamo Center of Hope

The Amelia DiGirolamo Center of Hope (CoH) is dedicated to enhancing the nutrition of low-income people in Portage County where local food pantries are not present.  Hot meals are offered at no cost five days a week and typically include 75-100 individuals per day.  Opportunities for socialization, cooking classes and referral services are also offered.

 

 

 

 

Hot lunches are served to anyone hungry from 11:30am – 12:15pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and an early dinner is served Thursday from 4:00-5:15pm.  There is no fee.

 

Groceries are available monthly through the Christian Cupboard.  There is no fee, but the Dept. of Agriculture poses income eligibility limits.  Pantry hours correspond to the open hours above, but require an appointment to be made in advance for a specific time.  It is recommended to call 3-4 days in advance if possible.

 

How can you help?

Food: non-perishables, especially peanut butter, tuna, cereal, canned food, etc.

Gift cards: Acme or Giant Eagle  at $10.00 increments.

Monetary Donations: which allow us to apply it to the greatest need.  30% of our food is contributed by the community, the remaining 70% involves purchases at the regional food bank where the equivalent of $4.00 in retail food can be purchased for every $1.00 donated.

 

Holiday Give-a-Way for the Center of Hope

 

Some suggestions for younger children include:

  • unwrapped games
  • dolls
  • stuffed animals
  • soccer, basketballs and footballs
  • coloring books, crayons and school supplies
  • hats, mittens, gloves, snow boots of all sizes

 

For the tweens and teens;

  • hoodies
  • DVD’s
  • personal items like perfume and cologne
  • gift cards for fast food restaurants and department stores.

 

Food and toy donations can be dropped off at the Center of Hope, 1034 W. Main Street and Family & Community Services, 705 Oakwood Street, Ravenna.

 

In addition, a number of local businesses have generously agreed to accept donations at their sites including:

 

PARTA,  Portage County Administration Building, Red Line East Coast Cafe’,
Ravenna Elks, Ravenna Fire Department, Portage Community Bank, First Place Bank,
Hometown Bank, Portage Industries, Allen Aircraft,
Parker Hannifin, Fortis College, Portage County Board of DD, Happy Day School,
Ravenna Board of Education and Ravenna local schools including Carlin, W. Main,
Tappan, W. Park, Willyard,  Brown Middle School and Ravenna High School;
Maplewood Career Center, Amanda’s Garden Daycare, Robinson Memorial Hospital,
Haasz Auto Mall, Pettigrew Feed and Hardware, Dollar General, St. Paul’s Lutheran,
Church of the Nazarene, Black Horse Baptist, Grace Episcopal Church, Kent Christian
Life Center, A Way of Life and Foxy Nails.
Donations should be dropped off no later than December 10.

 

CONTACT:

1034 W. Main St.

Ravenna, OH  44266

P: 330.297.5454 or 330.296.2158

F: 330-297-4953

HOURS:

Mon, – Wed, Fri –  9am – 3pm

Thurs 10:30-5:30pm