Big Brothers & Sisters of Portage County
Big Brothers Big Sisters recruits volunteers (Bigs) to be matched with children (Littles) in one-to-one mentoring relationships. The relationships are fun for both Bigs and Littles; fulfilling for the Bigs; and make a life-changing impact in the lives of the Littles. Bigs and Littles share activities that both enjoy – playing sports, going on a hike, visiting the library, cooking dinner. Or sometimes a Big just shares some advice and inspiration.
There is no cost to participate and no income guidelines. Children must be 6 – 17 years old and live in Portage County. Volunteers must be at least 18 and able to make a one year commitment for 12 hours per month.
*There is no cost for our program and there are no income guidelines for participation
- Spring Fling Raffle Tickets are now available
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake – fundraiser held annually, usually in December
- Golf Outing – fundraiser held annually, the 4th Wednesday in July
- Volunteer Appreciation/holiday dinner – event for matches held the first weekend of December
- Various smaller fundraisers and match activities held throughout the year
Click HERE to order tickets online!
Parent Inquiry Form
Please fill out the form below to receive information about signing your child up as a Little Brother or Little Sister.
Volunteer Inquiry form
Please fill out the form below to receive information about volunteering as a Big Brother or Big Sister.
705 Oakwood St., suite 115
Ravenna, OH 44266
M-F 9:00 – 3:00*
*evenings by appointment